Let Us Begin
Let Us Begin
Paragraph text fields have two possible types of validation settings:
- Text: Ensure that the answer can have up to or at least a certain number of characters. For example, you can restrict answers to have at most 100 characters.
- Regular Expression: Ensure that the text contains or matches a certain regular expression. (Regular expressions are powerful, but require some know-how. See the “Regular expressions” below to learn more.)
Checkboxes have two possible types of validation settings:
- Select at least: Ensure that at least a certain number of checkboxes are checked in the answer.
- Select at most: Ensure that at most a certain number of checkboxes are checked in the answer.
- Select exactly: Ensure that exactly a certain number of checkboxes are checked in the answer.
Grid questions have only one validation setting:
- Limit to one response per column: Ensures that an option can only be selected once per column. For example, if you have 3 columns that contain bed firmness ratings labeled "too hard", "too soft", and "just right" along with 3 rows of names (Mama, Papa, and Baby), then this validation will make sure that each bed is only chosen once (in other words, two people can't select a bed that's "too soft").